Join Our Team
Yup! We’re Hiring.
Arts Market Manager - College Street - Application Deadline: Sept, 20th.
We’re Toronto’s first year-round Artisans Market. Founded in 2011, we currently have four downtown Toronto locations with over 250 vendors between them. We rent booth space to local Toronto artisans and vintage vendors for four weeks at a time.
We’re looking for a multi-tasking, quick-thinking, customer service-oriented colleague to fill some big shoes and Manage our largest location at College Street.
More information on the position is below:
- Assist customers with their purchases; this will be 80% of your day.
- Aid our vendors in setting up their spaces and throughout their time with us.
- Host meetings with potential new vendors ensuring the correct business information is relayed to them.
- Show booths to new vendors and complete necessary paperwork.
- Ensure the Market is clean and tidy.
- Keep the Market stocked with general supplies.
- Help with event organization.
- Create cohesive and eye-catching displays around the Market.
- Amazing(!) written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work alone.
- Comfortable working well under limited instruction.
- Ability to tactfully, courteously, and professionally handle a multitude of personalities.
- Prioritize daily tasks.
- Desire to keep busy and the ability to find tasks for yourself.
- Facility with social media platforms.
- Juggling multiple tasks at any given time, ensuring they’re seen to completion in a timely manner.
- 3+ years in a customer service role.
- An interest in the Toronto arts scene.
- Managerial experience an asset.
You must be able to work five days a week (weekends are a must) and extended hours over the holiday season.
Your weekly shifts will be:
Monday & Tuesday – 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday – 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
A 33 hour per week average.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter saying why you would be the ideal candidate for this specific role and a copy of a standout resume to our Operations Manager, Stephanie Ward, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
We thank you for your interest in the Arts Market Manager position. Only potential candidates will be contacted for interview