Join Our Team
Feel free to send us your resume and we can keep it on file!
Sales Associate (Part-Time)
As Arts Market grows, we’re on the hunt for Sales Associate with a *very* flexible schedule to help at our two east end locations on Saturday afternoons alongside covering sporadic, infrequent shifts throughout the year: this is to help with vacation coverage and last-minute sick days for full-time staffers.
We’re Toronto’s first year-round Artisans Market. Founded in 2011, we currently have four downtown Toronto locations with over 250 vendors between them. We rent booth space to local Toronto artisans and vintage vendors for four weeks at a time.
More information on the position is below:
- Assist customers with their purchases; this will be 80% of your day.
- Gift wrap purchases for customers
- Ensure the Market is clean and tidy.
- Work closely with Market Managers to ensure a smooth day-to-day transition between shifts.
- Efficiently complete assigned tasks outlined by your Market Manager.
- Amazing communication skills.
- Ability to work with others, or alone.
- Comfortable working well under limited instruction.
- Ability to tactfully, courteously, and professionally handle a multitude of personalities.
- Desire to keep busy and the ability to find tasks for yourself.
- 1+ years in a customer service role.
- An interest in the Toronto arts scene.
- Retail experience an asset.
You must be able to work weekends and extended hours over the holiday season.
Your work week will from 6-10 hours, with additional hours during the holiday season. The ideal candidate also has a flexible schedule.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter saying why you would be the ideal candidate for this specific role and a copy of a standout resume to our Riverside Manager, David Stamnes, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
We thank you for your interest in the Arts Market Sales Associate position. Only potential candidates will be contacted for interview.